Tuesday, September 21, 2010

If I Had The Power...

To GET RID OF TAKS, the world in Texas would be a better place. Schools, including Beta, are too focused on preparing to place at the top. Last year we had to have an extra tutorial just to learn for the TAKS. It was not very effective, and it just caused students to have to cram more into their heads before the end of the year.
I am not complaining about how easy the tests are, because I really do not want to have a harder test instead. Rather, I would prefer to pay more attention to classes and semester exams. The TAKS tests come at the end of the year when my brain is already putty and I just want it to be summer already. Students may also have to worry about AP tests. Getting rid of TAKS is another way of getting rid of stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment